I was looking for holiday baking recipes for today’s post and I came across this intriguing idea. I love peanut butter cookies so why not peanut butter sugar cookies. I’m definitely going to make these during the upcoming holiday season. Yum!
|Image by rawpixel from Pixabay|
Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Image by silviarita from Pixabay
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until the ingredients are blended. Scrape the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Continue to blend on high speed until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to the mixer, and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix, or the dough will toughen.
- Transfer dough to parchment paper, and refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge, and sprinkle flour on a flat surface as well as on top of dough. Roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thick with a rolling pin, and cut out with the cookie cutters of your choice.
- Use a spatula to carefully transfer cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat, spaced at least 1 inch apart. If the dough becomes too warm and sticky, refrigerate the cutouts (on the baking sheet) for 10-20 minutes.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 9-11 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway, until edges are very lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Let cool completely before icing.
Always in spirit…
This post is part of…
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂