I use those battery operated tealights in Christmas village houses without lights, but when the batteries run out, I usually just throw them away because buying new button cell batteries for them would probably be more expensive than replacing the tealights themselves. This tealight snowman craft is a perfect way to repurpose them! I think they would make a cute gift too!
Snowman Tealight Ornaments
- battery-operated tealights
- pipe cleaner
- pom poms (I bought a variety pack and used the 1/2″ size)
- black permanent marker
- glue gun
- Draw your snowman faces! Using a black marker I drew a mouth and eyes going over it a few times until it was dark enough.
- Cut your pipe cleaner into 2″ pieces and wrap around the top part of the tealight (where the eyes are).
- Glue pieces in place and hold down until secure.
- Place a dot of glue on the edges of the pipe cleaner to secure your pom poms.
- Take a piece of ribbon (mine were 7″ long) and make a loop, gluing into place on the back of the ornament.
Note: The tealights she used were still working apparently. Since mine probably would not be working, I would figure out a way to paint the nose, either with orange or I think orange glitter would be cute.
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂