IT is dad time of year again – Father’s Day is here. If you want to give him a treat today, I have got some pa-fect last-minute ideas for putting a smile on his face.
You will be happy, too — because they are all bargains. Now hurry before it is too late . . .
- FREE PINT: Sun readers can grab a free pint at Greene King pubs — so it makes sense to treat dad to a cheeky tipple.
Simply present the voucher in your paper to redeem your pint. See Page 14 for details.
- CHEAP AS CHIPS: Treating dad to a meal? He will get a free bottle of beer* when he orders a main course from Las Iguanas’ a la carte menu. Plus, kids eat free when they bring an adult. At Harvester, a three-course meal is just £15.99. For those registered on the app, you can nab a free meal if you book for after 6pm today. SAVE: £4.60 on a beer
- GIFT OF GIVING: After a thrifty present you can pick up sharpish? I am loving B&M’s “gifts under £5” section. There you will find mugs, bottle openers and hanging plaques for £1.99 and beer glass and coaster sets for £3.99. Lovely.
- SCREEN TIME: Settle in for a movie marathon by nipping to Tesco for a great deal on selected DVDs — three for £20.
With films usually a tenner, you are essentially getting one for free. But be warned Dad will have control of the remote for hours. SAVE: £10 on a DVD
- MEAT THE PARENTS: Aldi is selling a foot-long sausage for £1.99. Infused with South Carolina sauce, it is perfect for a Father’s Day BBQ. To put this price into perspective, Waitrose’s six-pack costs £3.29 — and it is nowhere near as fun. The budget supermarket has also brought back its Big Daddy rump steak, £4.99 for 16oz. SAVE: £1.30 on sausages
- Due to differences in licensing regulations, the free pint offer does not apply in Scotland, instead Dad gets a free dish of Dadinhos – crispy cheesy cubes served with sticky chilli jam.
- All prices on page correct at time of going to press. Deals/offers subject to availability.
Free cinema tickets on us
TO celebrate hitting one million Sun Savers members and to thank our amazing loyal readers, we are giving away free ODEON cinema tickets so you can enjoy a night out on us.
With a fantastic year of film ahead including Toy Story 4, Spider-Man: Far From Home and Frozen 2 later this year, there are plenty of blockbusters to choose from.
Claiming your free pairs of ODEON cinema tickets is so easy. Collect TEN Sun Savers codes from the 13 we are printing until June 27. Then go to the Sun Savers app or website and click “start collecting” in the ODEON promotion and enter your Sun Savers codes.
As soon as you have your ten Sun Savers codes, make sure you click “redeem” as soon as possible to receive your confirmation email and unique codes to book your tickets. Be quick, these tickets won’t be around long.
You have until Christmas Eve to use them so there is plenty of time to pick your chosen film and cinema – and who you are taking with you.Not yet a member of our Sun Savers rewards club? Then join today. Search “Sun Savers” in the app store or head to sunsavers.co.uk and enter a few details – it takes just minutes.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 18+ UK residents only (excludes Isle of Man & Channel Islands). 20,000 pairs of tickets available. Code collect June 15 – 27, 2019. ODEON codes valid until December 24, 2019. For full T&Cs see sunsavers.co.uk.
My Sun Savers fiver
DANIEL PUGH from Leigh, Gtr Manchester, says: “I’ve been saving my fivers up towards paying for my summer holiday.”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if your tale is used. Please include your name and town.
Shop and save
MAKE sure you’re getting enough veg. Iceland has four packs of mini corn cobs for £3, usually £1 each.
Hot right now
MANCHESTER’s Chill Factore is offering free entry for dads today.
He needs to be with a full-paying child and quote promo code DADLP.
Play now to win £50k in the Sun Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Raffle today!
Every Sun Savers code you enter from the paper is your chance to win £50k every month! One code = one ticket.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app.
Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Toys R Us ‘to re-open in time for Christmas’ – but only in the US
Superdrug is giving 10% off to all NHS staff including make up and essentials
McDonald’s ditches plastic McFlurry lids – but keeps the same spoons
GOTTA CATCH ‘EM ALL
Old Pokemon cards could be worth up to £5,300 – what you need to know
NOW THAT’S A GUILT LANE!
M&S shoppers shocked at self-service tills surrounded by sweets
Asda hikes own brand prices AGAIN across fruit, veg and meat
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
- Prices correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂