Here it is a few days into December and I haven’t even spread any cheer yet! Well, better late than never, right?
I did not get much Christmas reading in during the Christmas Spirit Readathon, but lucky for me, we still have the reading challenge going on. I have a nice stack of books lined up. Not sure if I’ll get to them all (probably not), but at least I have a variety to choose from. I’m currently reading The Nutcracker and The Mistletoe Promise.
This Christmas Treasury came in my latest book order so I’m adding it to the list.
Today is National Cookie Day! In honor of the day, I’m sharing this Egg Nog Cookies recipe. I’ll definitely be trying these out this year.
EGG NOG COOKIES
- 1 c. softened butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. eggnog
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 and 3/4 c. flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/2 c. eggnog (to spreading consistency
- 1 tsp. light Karo Syrup
- Mix together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggnog and egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls (I rolled mine for a second) onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- When you pull them out out the oven, push tops with the bottom of a greased flat bottom glass to flatten a bit.
- Cool on drying rack.
- Frost with eggnog frosting and sprinkle with nutmeg (the karo syrup makes the frosting harden a bit when dry)
Always in spirit…
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂