SHOPPING for Christmas gifts for your brother, boyfriend, husband or dad? Ditch the boring dressing gown and opt for these guy-approved gifts.
From grooming kits and cocktail makers to boxers, socks, scarves and gaming accessories, there's a selection of bold presents and fun accessories for every bloke.
- Jimmy Choo Man Blue, £46 for 50ml EDT from Boots — buy now
- Sony DualShock 4 V2 Wireless Controller, £34.99 from Amazon — buy now
- Alarm clock, £29 from Amara.com
- Haig Club Whisky, £45 from Morrisons — buy now
- Washbag, £38 from Otis Batterbee — buy now
- Tumbler, £12 from John Lewis & Partners — buy now
We've thought long and hard about this one, working out exactly what's on his wish list.
The secret to buying for men is striking that delicate balance between practical and playful.
Because Christmas is about having fun, after all.
So, whether it's a flash new tech toy that brings out his inner child or a festive jumper that makes him feel good (and gain compliment after compliment), get creative this Christmas when it comes to buying for the boys.
When it comes to Christmas time, we're all big kids inside really.
Shiny new tech will take him back to his childhood, fulfilling that need to play…except that, these days, there's no scrambling for batteries because most things are rechargeable.
Which brings us to the Braun Series Electric shaver: it's spenny, don't get us wrong, but it will serve him everyday – now, what's a more useful present than that?
Or, you could treat him the new Sony Spider-Man PS4 Pro Bundle but remember to keep tabs on timing, you don't want to be eating your Christmas dins all alone…
- Cyclist tool kit, £45 from Gentlemen’s Hardware
- Google Pixel 3, £54 per month with 26GB data on Vodafone (£49 upfront payment) — buy now
- Braun Series 9 9299s Electric Wet/Dry Shaver, £299.99 from Boots — buy now
- Mickey Mouse 90th Anniversary Edition Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones, £279.95 from Apple —buy now
- Sony Marvel Spider-Man Limited-Edition PS4 Pro Bundle, £349.99 from Game — buy now
For those who are (or at least think they are) a little more grown-up, here's a selection of sophisticated gifts.
Stock up his kitchen with suave cooking gear: a quality chopping board, brand new pan or shiny new knife for carving the turkey on Christmas day (win, win).
Of course, anything booze is always a winner – but it doesn't have to be a boring bottle of whisky…
Get creative with cookbooks, cocktail gift sets, vintage wines or this themed bottle of booze from Sadler's that will make him feel just as gangster as Tom Shelby in Peaky Blinders.
- Light, £15 from Debenhams —buy now
- 24 Whisky Made Me Do It: 60 Wonderful Whisky And Bourbon Cocktails by Lance J Mayhew, £9.99 from Waterstones — buy now
- Steak kit, £26 from Debenhams — buy now
- Wine rack, £30 from Debenhams — buy now
- Sadler’s Peaky Blinder Irish Whiskey, £22.95 from Sadler's — buy now
- Cocktail set, £24.99 from Asos.com — buy now
Practical & pretty gifts
Basically, beauty is a big thing for men this year – so you need to get on board when it comes to buying.
Clinique for Men is always a winner or, if he's really into pampering, treat him to a candle.
Board games are family favourite, so you'll two birds with one stone if you gift him a new Dominoes set or Monopoly box.
For DIY do-gooders, a new toolkit will always come in handy.
- Candle and paperweight, £78 from Alexia Peck — buy now
- Bottle opener, £6 from Debenhams — buy now
- Mini grooming kit, £35 from Away — buy now
- Clinique Men Custom Fit Regular Skin Set, £60 from Look Fantastic — buy now
- Monopoly: Cheaters Edition, £21.99 from Argos — buy now
- Dominos, £85 from Wolfum — buy now
It can be hard to buy clothes for other people – personal taste is a tricky thing to navigate.
So, we suggest you keep things simple and as classic as possible.
This means sleek leather goods (a weekend bag is always handy), classic button-through shirts or an iconic jacket like this borg number from River Island.
If in doubt, pants, socks or a scarf will always hit the spot.
- Coat, £85 from River Island — buy now
- Shirt, £69.95 from Barbour — buy now
- Sweatshirt, £55 from Nicce — buy now
- Recycled bike chain cufflinks, £7.99 from Oxfam — buy now
- Boxers, £22 for five from River Island — buy now
- Scarf, £16 from Topman — buy now
- Leather holdall, £109 from Autograph at Marks & Spencer — buy now
- Socks, £9.95 from White Stuff — buy now
THIS is why Meghan stood on a different balcony to the Queen & Kate at Cenotaph
Bride reads out cheating fiance’s racy texts instead of vows at wedding
Harry and Meghan scrap move into Palace apartment as Royal ’won’t leave’
Mum has 'internal SPIDER'S WEB' threaded into her bum to stop it sagging
Binky Felstead fights back after JP break-up & says we gave it our best shot
You can get paid £500 for eating pigs in blankets and it could be our dream job
Here are more men's gifts to peruse – from booze and shoes, to festive knitwear.
Shopping for the family instead? We've rounded-up the best matching pyjamas for parents and kids.
Or, shop our gift guide for your mum, wife, sister or girlfriend…this is what women really want.
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂