Getty ImagesJelena Danilovic
No matter how much planning you do for for the holidays, there’s always that one thing you forget. Whether it’s a white elephant gift to bring to that office party or a turkey baster for a holiday dinner, these stores have got your back on Christmas Eve this year for all of your last-minute needs.
While most retailers haven’t officially confirmed their plans for 2018 yet, these chains have stayed open in past years for eleventh-hour shoppers. As always, don’t forget to call your local store to double-check specific hours before heading out!
And if you’d rather not brave the cold weather for those final gifts and extra household essentials, Amazon Prime members in select cities can get free, two-hour shipping with Prime Now.
Don’t forget to check out GoodHousekeeping.com’s Christmas 2018 guide and holiday gift ideas.
Stores Open on Christmas Eve
- Apple: Apple stores have previously remained open until at least 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Barnes & Noble: Most stores should stay open with reduced hours so you can buy last-minute gifts for your favorite book worm.
- Best Buy: The majority of Best Buy locations have opened their doors from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the past, and you could even order online for in-store pickup on Christmas Eve. Orders are usually ready in an hour.
- Big Lots: These stores regularly stay open until 9 p.m., but last year’s Christmas Eve hours were extended from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- GameStop: Last year, most of the video-game stores stayed open until 6 p.m.
- JCPenney: Most JCPenney stores were open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. last year.
- Kmart: Many Kmart stores operate on regular schedules on Christmas Eve, and most locations welcome customers from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Kohl’s: Kohl’s has been known to have holiday shopping marathons where stores stay open 24/7 leading up to Christmas, until they finally close their doors around 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Macy’s: Most Macy’s locations open early on Christmas Eve and close around 6 p.m., according to previous years’ hours.
- Old Navy: While Old Navy will have some holiday hours, the specifics depend on the location. Stores were typically open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Christmas Eve last year.
- Target: Last year, all Target stores opened at 7 a.m. and closed at either 10 p.m. or 11 p.m., depending on the location. For the 2018 holiday season, customers in 46 states can also get same-day delivery with Shipt, and nearly 1,000 stores will feature drive-up service with orders ready within an hour.
- Walmart: Many Walmart stores are normally open 24/7, but certain locations might close early on Christmas Eve and remain closed on Christmas.
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂